discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: Establishment of an OpenNIC foundation using OpenNIC funds

Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: Establishment of an OpenNIC foundation using OpenNIC funds

  • From: M D B <info AT bellasys.com>
  • To: "discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: Establishment of an OpenNIC foundation using OpenNIC funds
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 17:22:46 -0800

No you don't misread me, and a nation without land is possible, the same as
crypto-currency is possible without a central bank authority.

One thing absolutely required is recognition of its TLD, in a perfect world
universally so (ICANN + Non-ICANN) but acceptably so otherwise (Non-ICANN).

Regardless of the immediacy of the solution required to meet the current
scope of needs expressed in this thread, OpenNIC has the ingredients
necessary to begin such an undertaking. With enough interest, this could
become a goal running in parallel to other more quickly achievable ends.

Sent from my iPhone