discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: Establishment of an OpenNIC foundation using OpenNIC funds

Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: Establishment of an OpenNIC foundation using OpenNIC funds

  • From: Riley Baird <riley AT openmailbox.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: Establishment of an OpenNIC foundation using OpenNIC funds
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 08:33:10 +1100

What I'm trying to say, is that we should attempt to merge with all
non-ICANN entities.

*Resources - technical, financial and otherwise - could be spent more
efficiently if a merger were to take place.

*Users would have a simpler choice - ICANN, or not ICANN.

*There would be less competition among the non-ICANN entities, so that
all competitive energy can be saved for ICANN.

*More domains would be available.