discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: Voting system

Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: Voting system

  • From: Calum McAlinden <calum AT mcalinden.me.uk>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: Voting system
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 16:59:25 +0000

On 26 December 2014 at 16:29, Administrador <admin AT bambusoft.com> wrote:
> IMO OpenNIC needs an effective vote system and collaboration framework
> is not enough to achieve consensus with IRC and maillist...

I completely agree; as I have seen, voting gets very confusing on the
mailing list with votes being cast before the start date etc. I
believe there may have been Working Group set up for the creation of a
system... not sure what happened of that.

If activity resumes on this I would be willing to contribute to the
creation of a system, although it would be difficult (but possible?)
to complete in time for the votes you mentioned. IMO it would be
easier to create a simple system ourselves rather than configuring
some bulky ill-suited software. All that would be necessary is to
authenticate members through LDAP and allow one vote per proposal. I'm
not sure what you mean by collaboration framework though.

Just noticed Alastair Hogge's reply... In my opinion using the wiki
could get messy and confusing. Any signed in user could modify other's
votes, or users may overwrite eachother's changes during periods of
heavy voting.

--
Calum McAlinden
http://www.mcalinden.me.uk