discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: Establishment of an OpenNIC foundation using OpenNIC funds

Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: Establishment of an OpenNIC foundation using OpenNIC funds

  • From: David <davidvargas1 AT mac.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: Establishment of an OpenNIC foundation using OpenNIC funds
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 23:22:34 +0800

How to Establish a Foundation

http://www.wikihow.com/Establish-a-Foundation

for more in-depth details

http://www.coyotecommunications.com/development/startingngo.shtml

For more info going international"

http://foundationcenter.org/getstarted/tutorials/establish/index.html

Great foundations support education, health, the environment and many
other fantastic objectives. Individuals and groups daily learn how to
establish a foundation with a set of goals and objectives devoted to a
worthy cause. Learn how to establish a foundation to provide funds and
other support for a cause that you believe in.

1
Acquire a set of objectives to reach a noble goal. Concerned citizens
and government leaders discover a need in the community, and they
usually require funds to respond. With vision and energy, these people
learn how to establish a foundation to fund and support their work to
meet their objectives and achieve their goal.

2
Determine the type of foundation that would be best to meet the stated
objectives and goals. Foundations are bound by rules and regulations
which must be followed to ensure the viability of the organization. In
general, a private foundation qualifies for tax exempt status in the
laws of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) although some private
foundations have stricter tax responsibilities.

3
File the necessary legal documents for your foundation. Legal
requirements depend on the size, type and activities of each foundation.
Attorneys are available for a fee, and there are self-help services that
provide the forms and procedures for individuals who want to save on
professional fees.

4
Secure the headquarters for the foundation. A base is necessary for the
successful operation of an organization. The lease and the terms of
occupancy should be secure in order to start out properly.

Check out the facilities thoroughly. The employees need office
space, the clients need activity space, and both need toilet facilities,
possibly dining facilities and parking.

5
Compose a vision statement. The physical plant used for the foundation
will serve as a base for the activities, and the vision statement serves
as a guiding light for the goals of the organization. Write a vision
statement that succinctly but clearly serves to keep the administrators,
employees, clients, and board members focused on the important goals of
the organization.

6
Compose a vision statement. The physical plant used for the foundation
will serve as a base for the activities, and the vision statement serves
as a guiding light for the goals of the organization. Write a vision
statement that succinctly but clearly serves to keep the administrators,
employees, clients, and board members focused on the important goals of
the organization.

7
Develop a business plan with details of the daily operations, the long
and short term goals and the vision statement. The business plan will
serve like a road map to unite all the people on a journey to reach the
stated goals. A well-written business plan is also an effective tool for
selling others on the foundation and raising funds.

8
Prepare a campaign to raise the necessary funds. Foundations are often
conceived and organized by one person who has discretionary funds. If
your foundation has one or more private donors, this step will be easy.
If you do not have funds available, start quickly to succeed. Apply for
grants, hold a bake sale or solicit funds going door to door in order to
get started. Few organizations can depend on raising funds without a
thoughtful, creative fund raising campaign.

9
Open the doors when ready. Many foundations fail, but your chances of
succeeding if you have carefully laid the foundation are excellent.