discuss - RE: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: Establishment of an OpenNIC foundation using OpenNIC funds

RE: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: Establishment of an OpenNIC foundation using OpenNIC funds

  • From: "John Kozlowski \(ShofarDomain.com\)" <John.Kozlowski AT ShofarDomain.com>
  • To: <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: RE: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: Establishment of an OpenNIC foundation using OpenNIC funds
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 15:32:54 -0500

I’m sorry, but I’m trying to understand what you mean. Are you suggesting
merging with the other non-ICANN entities or with all of them?

Please remember that it was made clear at WCIT 2012 in Dubai that a UN
takeover of the Internet is brewing and control of the DNS via ICANN is
desired. This would allow a central authority to dictate what the Internet
can be used for. It is my hope OpenNIC will stand against this.

As for me, fragmentation is good. Centralization is the end of freedom.
Even a duopoly is centralization.

Respectfully,

John Kozlowski