discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Discord?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Discord?

  • From: Jonah Aragon <jonah AT triplebit.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Discord?
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 09:45:39 -0500

I will keep working on my best effort at keeping openNIC working as it has from the beginning

Perhaps it isn’t the greatest idea to keep using 90s technology in 2018? I suspect the main reason people use OpenNIC was because ICANN was a government operated bureaucracy unwilling to change or open the system to power users, and OpenNIC was (in theory) an alternative system opened to everybody. We’ve seemed to stray far from those ideals, at this point we’re just building another ICANN. The technology landscape is moving on and leaving us both behind.

Jonah