discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Discord?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Discord?

  • From: <vv AT cgs.pw>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Discord?
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 00:37:58 -0700

Sure, I'm with you in personal preference there. :)

Discord is not for us. It is however likely to be
ok for younger people who seem to not notice things
jumping up and down or what you and I might think of
as inappropriate visual displays. But if it feels
like home to them, that's just fine. Like you, I don't
want to tell others how to use the net or otherwise
communicate.

That said, I'm happy to have literally hundreds of
communications channels open on my main machine which
can handle that without breaking a sweat or making
things confusing for an old fart like me. I use text
wherever it's possible, but don't find it hard to
accommodate more fashionable stuff, except that it
pisses me off because it's so damned ugly and typically
hard to read. But that's another story. :)

~ Ole