discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

  • From: Martin C <martin AT mchomenet.com>
  • To: OpenNIC discussion <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 13:55:54 +1000

I now have it in semi-permanent mode, so it is running in a very similar way to the way it will run in the long term, but still using a copy of the main DB instead, and using port 4343 for now instead of 43.

So,
whois -h 96.44.164.100 -p 4343 opennic.oz
whois -h 96.44.164.100 -p 4343 greenpete.oz
is working right now :)

Let me know if you run into any problems with it.

To everyone else, I know it says "Welcome to the OpenNIC Registry!" when you run a query, that is not me trying to elbow anyone into thinking that this is the official OpenNIC WHOIS server, it's just to demonstrate what it could say if the server is accepted by the greater OpenNIC community.

There is one known small glitch: sometimes an extra newline comes out on certain domain queries and doesn't on others. I'm still trying to track that down.

Martin.