discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

  • From: Mattias Lofgen <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • To: OpenNIC Discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 15:46:24 -0500

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012, at 13:55, Martin C wrote:
> I now have it in semi-permanent mode, so it is running in a very similar
> way to the way it will run in the long term, but still using a copy of
> the main DB instead, and using port 4343 for now instead of 43.
>
> So,
> whois -h 96.44.164.100 -p 4343 opennic.oz
> whois -h 96.44.164.100 -p 4343 greenpete.oz
> is working right now :)
>
> Let me know if you run into any problems with it.
>
> To everyone else, I know it says "Welcome to the OpenNIC Registry!" when
> you run a query, that is not me trying to elbow anyone into thinking
> that this is the official OpenNIC WHOIS server, it's just to demonstrate
> what it could say if the server is accepted by the greater OpenNIC
> community.
>
> There is one known small glitch: sometimes an extra newline comes out on
> certain domain queries and doesn't on others. I'm still trying to track
> that down.
>
> Martin.

Does anyone know of a decent WHOIS client for Windows? <shiver>I really
couldn't believe it didn't ship with one.</shiver>

I found one on Sysinternals, but it doesn't allow me to specify a custom
port. It'll just give me a cheery
"The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found."

--
Mattias Lofgen
mlofgen via http://www.fastmail.fm