discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Limitations on the number of T2 servers per person?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Limitations on the number of T2 servers per person?

  • From: Jacob Bachmeyer <jcb62281 AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Limitations on the number of T2 servers per person?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 17:07:15 -0500

Jeff Taylor wrote:
ok folks, so what do we want to do here? Shall we implement a calculation to limit the number of servers an individual can add to the pool, or shall we leave the list wide-open like it was before, and use the suggestions for the nearest-server IPs to limit the fallout if a user removes all their servers? We need to decide how we're going to handle this.
For what it's worth, I favor sorting the list rather than limiting it. Maybe we should also have a message explaining that server operators are volunteers and can choose to leave so having servers with different operators is a good idea?

I would even suggest that the "best servers for you" list should never have more than one server from any one operator in the top 3. Pick servers from adjacent regions if needed, but always have the top 3 be from three different operators.