discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] 1 year wait before re-voting

Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] 1 year wait before re-voting

  • From: "Daniel Quintiliani" <danq AT runbox.com>
  • To: "discuss" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] 1 year wait before re-voting
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 00:37:33 -0400 (EDT)

I've heard that said about UDRP, actually. If you lose, adjust something a
little and start over.

To Jonah, you suggested in the past revisiting votes you lost on, and are
doing that now with Discourse and Discord.
To the person I forget who who was unhappy about .front being voted out, he
wanted to vote again (nothing came of it, possibly it was just complaining)
And as for myself, I did the same thing for .free/.libre, and we held a vote
for a "nonbinding suggestion" that the TLD owner rejected anyway.

It's just good to have a fixed time limit of some sort on this issue, to keep
things stable and ensure integrity of the organization, just like how we
voted on your proposals for voting procedures. I think it should be more
long-term than short-term, but others here disagree.

--

-Dan Q