discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Is it time to kill .parody?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Is it time to kill .parody?

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Is it time to kill .parody?
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 21:19:34 -0700

For the record, running a TLD does not require much in the way of resources, other than times like this when I'm trying to clean up the mess of abandoned domain registries. The queries to a T1 require very minimal bandwidth, so that is not an issue here.

My only concern in bringing up this discussion is that .parody is completely unused. If there had been any functioning targets to the existing domains, I never would have brought up the issue.