discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Is it time to kill .parody?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Is it time to kill .parody?

  • From: Travis McCrea <teamcoltra AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Is it time to kill .parody?
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:13:38 -0900

Eh I don't know how I feel about that,that sounds more unstable than
protective.

On Tue, 2010-12-28 at 19:03 -0500, Bryon Eldridge wrote:
> > I am just thinking what if only 2-3 people register domains on .parody
> > even after we grow more. Why would we dedicate resources which could be
> > used to create a more stable infrastructure to a domain that very few
> > people are actually going to take advantage of?
>
> This is why I'm in IRC advocating moving the TLDs off of the root
> servers. Then there would be no reason to be concerned about resource
> usage. Plus, anyone who wants to support the TLD can help by running
> authoritive servers. If no-one thinks the TLD is worth contributing a
> server, then we kill the TLD.

Travis McCrea
1(206)552-8728
http://travismccrea.com

The Pirate ideology is like going organic, but free, and doesn't go
moldy as fast.

Please use GPG/PGP to verify my signature on this email to protect
yourself from any government or corporation intercepting and changing
the contents of this email. All emails from me will be signed using this
key. The attached signature.asc file is this verification document and
is only a text file, it should never require to be executed and thus is
safe.
This email was sent at Tue Dec 28 15:12:44 AKST 2010 using fully free
and open source software.
Unique Key: 46141462