discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Policy proposal for removal of non-respondingT2servers

Re: [opennic-discuss] Policy proposal for removal of non-respondingT2servers

  • From: Alex Hanselka <alex AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Policy proposal for removal of non-respondingT2servers
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 16:28:05 -0500

I see your point, however this might be just as annoying and it defeats the
purpose of having a global network. If we had anycast, the user would have a
very transparent experience. With proxying, the user would experience issues
if any of the proxy servers went down as well as the fact that inevitably we
wouldn't have a proxy server in every location. Now we have DNS servers all
over and people can choose which they please. With the proxy idea, they would
all be located in 3 different locations that may or may not be close to the
user. Overall, this might be a good idea in some respects, but in others it
would just be more painful.