discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

  • From: Hunter 9999 <mail AT hunter-9999.de>
  • To: "discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The website
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 20:27:22 +0100

Am 12.12.2012 um 18:41 schrieb nanashiRei <nanashi.rei AT gmail.com>:
> What?
>
> http://html5demos.com/geo
>
> Move along...?! We live in 2012, use it as you please. Of course users
> with old browsers (IE!) will not be able to use this, there should be a
> fallback for them, but in general 90% of the users on the web have
> FF12.0+ or Chrome (which is up2date anyway), the rest ~ well ~ *caugh*
> should rethink their choice of browser. No, in reality even IE 9 + 10
> support this. And Opera does, too.
>
> www.html5test.com - try it yourself. :P

You are right, in most cases it should work.
But I think, we do not need this hight accuracy and should not bug the user
with the submit-dialog.
Also I think, the location we get at the moment is the location of the
endpoind of your ISP to the Internet.
This Location should be more relevant than your own.

Further my post means an method to "ping" the servers, to priorize the
servers by real latencies.

--

Daniel Jäger