discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] New TLD .RUS

Re: [opennic-discuss] New TLD .RUS

  • From: <vv AT cgs.pw>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] New TLD .RUS
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 10:23:02 -0700

I agree with your outline of problems with
ccTLDs for OpenNIC. However, as you say yourself,
a ccTLD is under the jurisdiction of a country.
This is not the case with .RUS. I can therefore
only conclude that .RUS is not a ccTLD in the
normal sense of that word.

I would therefore like to emphasise:
an OpenNIC TLD with the letters .RUS is NOT
a ccTLD, and should not be treated as such.

Regards,
Ole