discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] New TLD .RUS

Re: [opennic-discuss] New TLD .RUS

  • From: "Dmitry S. Nikolaev" <dn AT mega-net.ru>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] New TLD .RUS
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 19:04:56 +0300

Thanks for the reply Albino.

Now I understand what are you afraid of and I don`t share your opinion.

First of all, as I said before, for my opinion OpenNIC need to give people choice. So that people who come to OpenNIC page can find what they are looking for.
So I think OpenNIC can have large array of TLDs.

Second, If person want to create TLD and he canL
- do charter
- Tire1 server
- register syetem
- abuse system
for TLD that he is offer than and so this person demonstrates the seriousness of his intentions.
If it so I think that this TLD will not disrepair soon. OpenNIC can think about backup system for TLD owners it the DNS slave zone not enough.
Also, if this happen, OpenNIC can support this TLD on other servers (if think other TLD owners can handle this).

Third, other ccTLDs can appear only then if the previous item (paragraph) is performed.

Forth, as I said before, in Russia we have proverb:
   Literal version: If you're afraid of wolves, don't go to the woods.
   English version: If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
You even don`t tryed but already afraid of that.

Ok, will wait for other opinions (if they come) or will see the voting results.

P.S. And more again: DNS structure is for TLD carring and this is her destiny or it is completely useless.
With best regards, Dmitry S. Nikolaev
virus_net