discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] New TLD .RUS

Re: [opennic-discuss] New TLD .RUS

  • From: <vv AT cgs.pw>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] New TLD .RUS
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 10:27:16 -0700

I too am a little confused about the idea of
a ccTLD. Surely .ru is the one to use when one
wants to bind to the national identity. OpenNIC
getting into ccTLDs is a concept that I can't
quite get my head around.

That said, Russia is a big country and it is
also an interesting idea to bring in people from
that part of the world. I like the idea of
OpenNIC getting more global interest. However,
will there actually be people using this TLD?
There isn't much use of the current ones.

Regards,
Ole