discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [VOTING] New TLD .RUS

Re: [opennic-discuss] [VOTING] New TLD .RUS

  • From: Rouben <rouben AT rouben.net>
  • To: "discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [VOTING] New TLD .RUS
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 15:23:10 -0400

My apologies! I forgot to include the link to the .RU ccTLD blacklist that the Russian Government won't (presumably) let you register pursuant section 3.4 of the official .RU ccTLD registration rules. Anyway, here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aPqg2STO4KWQyAz154UMxRiI094X00aL6pUgO_8q3HA/edit?usp=sharing
Shortlink: https://goo.gl/ZSLp1h

If you play around with filtering the last column, you can see some of the official reasons for blacklisting a domain name:
- "Георгиевский ... " - censorship of dissenting political opinions - these are confirmed *cancelled* domain names that were actually registered at some point
- "формирование стоп-листа ..." - initial version of the list - only one entry
- "Cловарь ..." - Dictionary of non-normative vocabulary and obscene expressions (Google translate)

So like I said, mostly slang/swear words, but hey, censorship is censorship. And that's one very important reason why we need .RUS. :)

Rouben