discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Require voting in English

Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Require voting in English

  • From: kevin <krattai AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Require voting in English
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 21:33:45 -0500

Yeah, no.  Don't think that's a really good assertion on an
international collaboration to make English some formal language of
openNIC.  I really don't mind if conversations go on on this list in
any language one so chooses.  Not exactly sure why that is so
important.  If I don't understand, then either I don't need to, or
maybe I should take some time to learn another language.

Anyhow, the guys were obviously spoiling their ballots.

Also, regarding the idea of not allowing "free form" ballots.  As a
voter, it is completely up to a voter to spoil a ballot.  That is
certainly one of the "rights" the democratic systems are supposed to
uphold. How they spoil the ballot is up to them, not a check box that
says "spoil".

I think there's way too much nudging of the "decomocracy" of openNIC to
corral members to a very, very small box.

Kevin