discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Policy proposal for removalofnon-respondingT2servers

Re: [opennic-discuss] Policy proposal for removalofnon-respondingT2servers

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Policy proposal for removalofnon-respondingT2servers
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 08:27:59 -0600

The rating being shown here is for the percentage of times each server passes all testing, NOT uptime in general.  The percentage is calculated by the number of test results recorded, so when there is an outage of the test system, it does not affect the individual scores.

On 08/16/2012 01:28 AM, Falk Husemann wrote:
Am 16.08.2012 07:52, schrieb Jeff Taylor:
> OK, as an initial test of this idea, I present the following:
> http://www.opennicproject.org/t2log/stats.php
Looks great.

ICMP with _javascript_ is not possible AFAIK, you'd need a java applet
for that.

> 5 = 95-100% 4 = 90-94.9%

> The scale is arbitrary, but works for this demo.
How comes my Server (46.252.139.27) is in the 90-94.9 percent
availability range if I can prove using two different uptimes services
that it's more along 99.5% ?

Wasn't there an outage of the measurement system some weeks ago, IIRC?

Greets,
Falk